Nature Awareness is knowing where you and what is available to you through the seasons in any environment. Learn to be literate in reading the natural world and discover the many ways these skills can be applied to your daily life.
Specific skills in aid-less navigation, reading patterns in tree growth for useful information, field meteorology, tracking technologies, understanding animal and bird behaviors, sensory awareness skills, and reading the history of the landscape through it’s flora and geological features will be covered.
What you will learn to:
- Develop your nature literacy through sensory interpretation
- Discover more wildlife, interpret bird and animal behavior, understand tracks and signs, and more accurately understand weather patterns.
- Extract meaningful and actionable information from your surroundings
- Enhance perceptual abilities and gain confidence
- Dialogue with the landscape using all of your senses
Course starts: 09.00 Saturday, Ends Wednesday at 4pm.
Limit: 12 Students
Deposits transferable but non-refundable
Minimum Age: 16 years
Maine Primitive Skills School, 716 Church Hill Road, Augusta, ME 04330
Tel: +1 207-623-7298 email: email@example.com